COVID-19 Information for Theatre Patrons: In our ongoing efforts to provide high quality arts entertainment while also keeping you and our performers safe and healthy, we are in the process of implementing several measures for the upcoming season:
- Audience capacity will likely be limited to 50%; seating/groups will be appropriately spaced.
- Seating area will be cleaned and disinfected before and after each performance.
- Patrons will be asked to wear masks upon entering the building and may be asked to wear masks during the performance.
- Patrons are asked and encouraged to reserve and pay for tickets online. There will be a limited number of tickets available for purchase at the door.
- Live streaming, in conjunction with live performance, is also being considered at this time.
We are confident that, with a few minor adjustments, we will be able to deliver a sparking and thrilling season of plays to you. We will update this information as changes and adjustments are made. See you at the theatre!
Or, call the box office, 325-670-1405, to purchase tickets.
Hardin-Simmons University is the home of three theatre facilities.
Behren’s Chapel is a 1,900 seat auditorium which serves as our chapel twice weekly as well as an auditorium for concerts, meetings, operas, musicals, and other theatrical presentations.
Van Ellis Theatre is a versatile theatre space which can serve as a traditional proscenium theatre, thrust stage, arena stage, proscenium stage with large side stages, and a versatile black-box theatre. It serves as the primary venue for Theatre Department productions.
Down Center Stage Lab Theatre is a small production space that has been home to many different types of productions, including numerous student-directed productions since it’s completion in 1996. This renovated space also serves as classroom, rehearsal hall, and meeting room.
Call the box office, 325-670-1405, to purchase tickets.