Registrar’s Office

Welcome to the Office of the Registrar. Our office is here to assist you with anything that has to do with your academic record. This includes enrollment, grades, change of major or minor, transcripts, verification, VA educational benefits, transfer, athletic eligibility, and graduation information.

Graduation Information

Our graduation guidebook will prepare you for all the steps you need to take to graduate from Hardin-Simmons. All of the graduation information you need is included in our guide.

2019-2020 Graduation Schedule

Friday, December 13, 2019
Hardin-Simmons University
Behrens Auditorium

Friday, May 8, 2020
Abilene Convention Center
1100 N. 6th Street, Abilene

Hardin-Simmons University in conjunction with the National Student Clearinghouse, offers self-service Enrollment Verification. With this service, students are able to print an Enrollment Verification Certificate at your own convenience. See the link in HSU Central (sign-in required).

Students register online through HSU Central  student self-service (select Student Self Service > Student Planning > Plan and Schedule). Students must meet with an advisor prior to registration and all holds must be cleared. See Registration Instructions  for information about how to register for classes (HSU Central > Academic Resources > Registrar > Pages).

Schedule of Classes

Students must declare a degree by the time they achieve 30 credit hours or more. The Declaring a Degree form is available in the Office of the Registrar or download from HSU Central Registrar Forms (Academic Resources tab). Once the form has been processed, you will be notified via your HSU email and you can view your degree plan online. The same form is also used to change/add a major or minor.

Add your class name (optional), semester credit hours, and expected grade for each class to display your GPA below. You may
add additional classes by clicking the “Add Course” button

(+) Add Course


About the Registrar

The mission of the Office of the Registrar is to support the university community with the utmost integrity and accuracy through services pertaining to the official academic records. This objective encourages collaboration and cooperation between the Registrar’s Office and the constituencies it serves – students, faculty, staff, and the public – while implementing and enforcing institutional, professional, and legal standards and regulations related to academic records.  In fulfilling this mission, the Registrar’s Office designs and implements efficient systems for student registration, creates and maintains academic records, ensures the integrity of the degrees awarded by the university, and provides efficient, knowledgeable, fair, honest and respectful delivery of services related to those records.

Our Values

Provide high quality service to all individuals and institutional partners reflecting a cooperative attitude, timely response, and friendliness.

Uphold the utmost integrity in regards to records and individuals, through appropriate application of processes and practices observing established security protocols and regulations.

Create and maintain accurate records of individuals and the institution by applying best practices in records management and documentation.