HSU Traveling Range Riders
EXCITING TRIPS AHEAD!
Planning the trip of a lifetime?
Simply looking for your next adventure?
Start your journey to some of the most historic and scenic locations on earth with HSU’s Traveling Range Riders.
Graduates, former students, family, friends — all are welcome!
Explore the World with HSU’s Traveling Range Riders
§ TRIP CATALOG §
*Price is per person, double occupancy. Date, price, and itinerary are subject to change.
October 9 to 17, 2021 | From approximately $3895* plus air
Northern Italy’s fabled Lake District beckons with its sublime landscapes of shimmering glacial waters, soaring Alpine peaks and bijou towns. Immerse yourself in the distinct bella figura Italian style that has inspired poets, composers, artists and philosophers for centuries.
Stay for one week in the heart of the quintessentially Italian città di Como, at the lakeside, belle-époque Palace Hotel, just steps from the local market. Cruise by private boat on Lake Como, Lake Maggiore and Lake Orta.
During expert-guided excursions, explore authentic villages and cultural treasures. Visit Bellagio, Villa del Balbianello, Stresa, Isola Bella, San Giulio and Sacro Monte di Orta, a UNESCO World Heritage site. In Milan, visit the Duomo and Teatro alla Scala, and enjoy a specially arranged viewing of Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last Supper.
This intimate and comprehensive soggiorno, at just the right pace, includes exceptional accommodations, specially arranged meals and all excursions.
Verona and Venice Post-Program Option available.
Palace Hotel – The ideally located, classic belle‑époque Palace Hotel is a delightful establishment with an ideal setting on the lungolago (lakefront promenade) overlooking Lake Como, just steps away from Como’s beautiful marble Duomo and the medieval, pedestrian-only town center. Venetian stucco artistry, Italian marble and antique furniture provide subtle touches of 19th‑century elegance throughout the hotel.
*The Travel Program outlined here is subject to the features, final pricing and terms and conditions set forth in the published Travel Program brochure.
TO COME: Click here for Trip Flyer.
An acclaimed program, operating for more than 30 years and still selling out!
Celebrate the beauty of Holland and old-world Flanders in springtime, the best time of year to visit, when the vibrant, abundant Dutch tulip fields are in bloom.
Join us for this comprehensive nine-day travel program and cruise for seven nights along the Dutch waterways aboard the exclusively chartered, deluxe, small river ship Amadeus Brilliant.
Meet local residents during the exclusive River Life® Forum for a personal perspective of daily life and cultural heritage in the Low Countries. Enjoy a private cruise along the enchanting canals of Amsterdam, a UNESCO World Heritage site. Expert-led excursions include the storybook city of Bruges, the world-renowned Kröller-Müller Museum, famous Keukenhof Gardens, the “Golden Age” trading town of Hoorn, ancient Maastricht and charming Antwerp.
The Delft, Kinderdijk and The Hague Pre-Cruise Option and the Golden Age of Amsterdam Post-Cruise Option are offered.
This delightful itinerary is an exceptional value including all accommodations, excursions and meals. It sells quickly year after year and is continually praised by our past travelers as the ideal Dutch and Flemish experience.
Amsterdam, Hoorn, Kampen, Kröller-Müller Museum,
Maastricht, Antwerp, Bruges, Ghent
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Amsterdam, the Netherlands/Embark Amadeus Brilliant
- Amsterdam for the Keukenhof Gardens/Hoorn
- Nijmegen for the Kröller-Müller Museum
- Maastricht for the Netherlands American Military Cemetery
- Antwerp, Belgium
- Ghent for Bruges
- Ghent/Disembark ship/Brussels/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary is subject to change.
Activity Level: Easy
June 16 to 26, 2022 • From $4295 plus airfare
Budapest • Bratislava • Vienna • Salzburg• Munich
Experience one of the world’s greatest dramatic spectacles amid the storybook landscapes of the Bavarian Alps—the extravagant Passion Play staged once a decade by residents of the quaint village of Oberammergau.
With a cast of thousands and a legacy that encompasses nearly four centuries, Oberammergau’s rare tradition is made even more exceptional with this program’s specially reserved seating and thoughtfully arranged cultural enrichments.
This custom itinerary, effortlessly blending remarkable history with stunning scenery, features an exclusively chartered, five-night deluxe cruise along the fabled Danube River, two nights in the idyllic Bavarian Alps and two nights in Munich. Visit four countries—Hungary, Slovakia, Austria and Germany—and enjoy excursions to medieval Salzburg, a UNESCO World Heritage site and scenic backdrop for The Sound of Music, and Neuschwanstein Castle, the inspiration for Walt Disney’s iconic Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.
Experience five UNESCO World Heritage sites. Tour Budapest’s most historic landmarks, the world-class city of Vienna, 11th-century Melk Abbey and medieval Bratislava. Budapest Pre-Program and Munich Post-Program Options offered.
- Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see the highly anticipated, world-renowned Oberammergau Passion Play.
- In 1634, the villagers of Oberammergau sought deliverance from the despair of the Plague and the Thirty Years War by performing a modest Passion Play, which they vowed to repeat every 10 years in perpetuity. The tradition has been preserved throughout the centuries and has grown in prestige. Today, it is regarded as the most important Passion Play internationally, drawing hundreds of thousands of pilgrims from around the world. Over 2000 village residents now reenact the crucifixion and resurrection of Christ on one of the world’s largest stages, a dramatic spectacle like no other.
- Extraordinary, custom-designed, 11-day itinerary offered exclusively by Gohagan & Company, combining the 2020 Oberammergau Passion Play and the fabled Danube River.
- Guaranteed unobstructed seating for the Passion Play, the 42nd decennial production since the 1600s.
- Two nights in the majestic Bavarian Alps, where the charming village of Oberammergau is known for intricate woodcarving and elaborate murals depicting fairy tales and religious scenes.
- Five-night cruise through the heart of Europe on an exclusively chartered, deluxe, small
- Two nights in Munich, including a city tour and a visit to the splendid Palace of Nymphenburg.
- Visit four countries—Hungary, Slovakia, Austria, Germany—and experience five UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Tour Budapest, “Pearl of the Danube,” including its 13th-century Castle District and the Fisherman’s Bastion.
- Tour picturesque medieval Salzburg, birthplace of Mozart and filming location for many
The Sound of Music
- See the fairy-tale Neuschwanstein Castle, the inspiration for Walt Disney’s iconic
Sleeping Beauty’s Castle.
Itinerary*: Prague, Passau, Vienna, Bratislava, Budapest
- Depart the U.S. or Canada
- Arrive in Budapest, Hungary/Embark ship
- Bratislava, Slovakia
- Vienna, Austria
- Passau, Germany/Disembark ship/Salzburg, Austria/Oberammergau, Germany
- Oberammergau Passion Play
- Oberammergau/Neuschwanstein Castle/Munich
- Munich/Return to the U.S. or Canada
*Cruise itinerary subject to change.
Activity Level: Moderately Active
Why Travel With HSU?
Leave the planning to us and fully enjoy the journey. The Traveling Range Riders program is dedicated to giving travelers enriching cultural experiences to enhance lifelong education while strengthening their connection with each other and Hardin-Simmons University.
With HSU, you’ll have the opportunity to explore regions in every corner of the world. Our itineraries offer an exciting blend of exotic destinations and traditional locales and are led by experienced guides and talented faculty. We work with the most respected travel vendors in the industry to bring you high-quality opportunities to broaden your travel and intellectual horizons.
While the HSU connection is an important component of our program, our trips are open to all travel enthusiasts including alumni, family members and friends of graduates, as well as friends of the university who want to take part in educational travel opportunities, ensuring a richer, more diverse experience for all!
Real ID Required for Travel Beginning October 1, 2020
Travelers will soon need a REAL ID compliant driver’s license or another acceptable form of identification in order to fly. Beginning October 1, 2020, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license, state-issued enhanced driver’s license, or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States. Check for the star. Now is the time to check your ID for a star. More Information.
U.S. Dept of State
Hardin-Simmons is pleased to provide emergency evacuation insurance for all our travelers. This is not in lieu of trip insurance, which you’ll definitely want to consider.
There is no singular cure for jet lag. Before departure, get ample rest, as being well-rested when you depart will allow you to better ward off jet lag symptoms. During your flight(s), be certain to drink plenty of water to counteract the dehydrating effects of air travel.
The goal is to adjust to your new time zone as quickly as possible, so follow this simple rule of thumb: if you are arriving in the morning, sleep on the plane so you will have energy for the day; if you are arriving in the evening, stay awake during the flight so you can sleep soundly at your destination.
§ PHOTO GALLERY §
Keep up with HSU's Traveling Range Riders
325.670.1377 | 325.670.5831 | email@example.com
To be added to our mailing list, call or email with your contact information.