To register for a membership, the patron should come to the HSU Fitness Center front desk and request to start a membership. In addition, the future member should be prepared to have the following documents:
- HSU Students, Faculty, and Staff Member HSU ID Card
- HSU Alumni: Valid Driver’s License or legal document with a Photo ID and proof of Date of Birth (DOB)
- HSU Dependent: Proof of age (i.e. driver’s license or birth certificate)
- HSU Spouse: Driver’s License
Student, Faculty, & Staff Memberships
Students are assessed a fee, which is included in their tuition invoice from Hardin Simmons University. Faculty/Staff receive a 1-year free membership to the facility as part of their benefit package 9/1/18 – 8/31/19
Once faculty, staff, and students have signed up for their membership, they will receive a Fusion ID Card. This card must be present to enter and have access to the HSU fitness center
HSU Alumni Memberships
To sign-up for an alumni membership, the patron must have earned a degree from Hardin Simmons University. Alumni will be able to sign up for a 1-year free membership (9/1/18 – 8/31/19).
HSU Fitness Center Guest Policy
HSU Fitness Center members may sponsor a guest following the requirements listed below:
- All members must show their Fusion ID
- Guest must be present with a photo ID and DOB
- Guest must be 18 years of age or older
- Guest pass is only valid for the issued
- Faculty, staff and students may bring up to 2 guests per visit. Guests will be charged $3 per visit (effective June 1, 2019). All payments must be made at the front desk by credit card, cash will not be accepted.
- Non-members are limited to 3 visits to any HSU UREC facility per semester
- Members must complete a UREC waiver
- Members must be accompanied by their sponsor during the entire visit.
- Members may use the basketball courts, fitness equipment, indoor turf, elevated track, and outdoor pool
- HSU member may rent spaces and reserve equipment for their guest according to the. UREC rental policy (please note that the HSU UREC member takes full responsibility for any damage to equipment or space)
- Guests of Members may not participate in campus recreation programs such as intramural sports, club sports, personal training, group exercise or any other additional activities provided by the university
HSU Family Memberships
HSU Faculty, Staff, Students and Alumni are welcome to bring their family household, including children during family weekend hours free of charge. Please refer to family hours listed under family facility hours.
All family memberships for the Fletcher Fitness Center and Pool will need to provide proof of dependency!
Family eligible for membership include spouse and dependents living under the same household with the same permanent address. In addition, dependents/children are not eligible for membership if over the age of 25.
Families must provide an updated proof of ID with the same permanent address for verification purposes.
Forms of Identification include:
- Birth Certificate
- School Report Card
- Driver’s License
- Adoption Papers (if eligible)
For further questions, please contact the Fletcher Fitness Center Front Desk at (325) 671-2208.
Families must abide by all the guest policies/rules. Please refer to HSU Fitness Center Guest Policy
Children 17 and Younger
- Must always be supervised by their sponsor
- Cannot have access to the free weights and cardio equipment due to safety reasons
Termination/ Suspension of Membership
- HSU administration reserves the right to terminate any active membership that staff deems to be creating an unsafe environment:
- Inappropriate supervising of a dependent
- Inappropriate behaviors (language, actions)