Campus Houses

HSU’s 50+ on-campus houses are available to single graduate students, family students, or students who may need special accommodations. Family students include any married student or student with a dependent. Students with special accommodations include but are not limited to physical disability or students who have already completed their four semesters of required residency and/or are at least 21 years of age and have received approval from the campus disability offices for an emotional support animal (ESA) or certified service animal. The available houses do fill up quickly, however, vacancies sometimes occur. Please use the link below to complete the Hardin-Simmons University House & Apartment Interest Form, which is used to fill these vacancies after the annual lottery process.

HSU House and Apartment Interest Form

Campus Houses Gallery

The campus houses are all located with six blocks of the HSU campus and are patrolled regularly by the HSU Police Department. These units are unfurnished, with the Student Resident supplying their own furniture. The kitchens come equipped with a refrigerator/freezer, oven, and stove. It is important to note that most of the campus houses have central heat but no air conditioning. The Student Resident(s) will be expected to provide and service their own window units.

Electricity, water and gas services are all connected in the University’s name and the Student Resident will be billed monthly for these services to their account in the HSU Business Office. If cable or internet service is desired, the Student Resident can arrange for these services on their own with any provider that they choose, but may not have anything affixed to the unity or any new holes drilled into the exterior of the unit. In addition, these services cannot be billed to the Student Resident’s account in the Business Office. Many of the campus houses are located together in a central block on Anderson, Caldwell, and Vogel. These central block houses are not billed for water each month.