Reach Campus Police at: 325-670-1461
A safe, secure, and welcoming home away from home is a top priority for everyone at Hardin-Simmons. We achieve this with a dedicated campus police force, Title IX training for all employees, and most importantly, a commitment to God’s commandment to us as Christians: Love your neighbor as yourself.
Part of our commitment includes disclosing how well we are achieving our goals.
Campus Safety Report
A safe learning environment is essential for students to focus on academic achievements and maintaining high standards for a successful education and future.
Download the full campus safety report.
- Northwest side of Simmons Parking Lot
- Behrens and Lange Resident Hall Parking Lot
- North Section of Football Field
- Northeast corner of Dyess Welcome Center
- Northeast corner of Ferguson Resident Hall
- Inside the Physical Therapy Building on the Northside
- Jake Sandefer Field House, East Door
Automated External Defibrillators (AEDs) are strategically located throughout the campus:
- AED List
- Abilene Hall 1st floor
- Anderson Resident Hall
- Behrens Chapel
- Behrens Resident Hall
- Grape St. AT #1
- Grape St. AT #2
- Grape St. AT #3
- Holland 1st floor
- Logsdon Chapel
- Mabee Complex AT
- Mabee Complex lobby
- Mabee Fitness Center
- Mabee Hall (PT)
- Moody Center 1st floor
- Police Dept. car 1
- Police Dept. car 2
- Sandefer FH AT#1
- Sandefer FH AT#2
- Sandefer FH Weight Room
- Skiles Building
- Streich Tennis Center
The cooperation and involvement of students in a campus safety program are absolutely necessary, and that personal investment in safety and security positively impacts the community.
Safety tips include:
- Do not share passwords/PINs
- Keep room doors locked
- Alternative Program: Spare vehicle key to be stored at campus police dept.
- Call HSU Police for escort after hours
- Report suspicious behavior in your community
Hardin-Simmons University Police
2017 Crime Statistics
|Burglary of Motor Vehicle||7|
|Motor Vehicle Thefts||0|