Continuing your education at Hardin-Simmons University signifies your commitment to achieving success. We welcome every student as they embark on their journey to HSU. To initiate your transfer process, please read over the information below and let us know how we can help during your transition.
Which of my courses transfer?
This handy guide shows incoming transfer students which of their "Texas Common Core" courses match up with HSU requirements. You can transfer courses that align with these requirements to meet HSU's curriculum.
- Minimum of 24 transferrable hours
- 2.0 GPA or above (when calculating GPA for admission, only courses that will transfer into HSU will be evaluated)
A student with fewer than 24 transferable hours and/or a GPA below 2.0 must also submit a high school transcript and a test score (ACT, SAT, or CLT). Please be advised that self-reported scores must be verified prior to registration for classes, and that any variance may affect your admission status and/or scholarship award.
A student who is not eligible to re-enroll at another institution, whether for academic or disciplinary reasons, is not eligible for general admission at HSU.
- Provide transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. Transcripts can be submitted electronically or through postal mail.
Once HSU receives all transcripts, the Registrar’s Office will prepare a course by course evaluation. Credit will be awarded for coursework with an equivalent match at HSU and a satisfactory grade .
- Hardin-Simmons University’s partnership with the following community colleges creates a direct path for students to further their education at HSU. The colleges listed below will serve a guide to help you determine which courses to take at the community college level so they transfer to your HSU degree. HSU is currently working with other colleges to partner with and those colleges will be added as agreements are finalized.
- For best results, we suggest that you use these guides in correlation with your detailed HSU degree worksheet for your specific major.
For further questions regarding a student transfer process please reach out to our Admissions Office at 325-670-1206 or email us firstname.lastname@example.org
Documents may be sent to:
Office of Enrollment Services
PO Box 16050
Abilene, TX 79698