Transfer Students

We’re so excited to help you continue your education at Hardin-Simmons University! HSU is a place where every student – traditional or non-traditional – is welcome as part of the family. If you’re interested in transferring into HSU from another college or university, read over the information below and let us know how we can help throughout this process.

Which of my courses transfer?

We put together a handy guide to show incoming transfer students which of their "Texas Common Core" courses match up with HSU requirements. Your courses that match these can be transferred to HSU to meet our curriculum requirements.

See Course Equivalencies

At HSU, we work to make our application process as straightforward as possible. To complete the process, all you’ll need to submit are your:

    1. Free Online Application
    2. Transcripts from each college or university attended

A student with fewer than 24 transferable hours must also submit a high school transcript and a test score (ACT or SAT). Please be advised that self-reported scores must be verified prior to registration for classes, and that any variance may affect your admission status and/or scholarship award.

  • Any transfer student with at least 24 transferable hours and a 2.0 GPA or above will be eligible for general admission.
  • A student who is not eligible to re-enroll at another institution, whether for academic or disciplinary reasons, is not eligible for general admission at HSU.
  • When calculating GPA for admission, only courses that will transfer into HSU will be evaluated.

Here’s what we need from you before registering for classes. A full, personalized checklist can be found in your application portal after your admission.

Step 1: Pay your $300 Enrollment Deposit (can be refunded until June 1) All new students pay a $300 enrollment deposit prior to class registration. The enrollment deposit reserves your place in the class and shows your intent to attend. To pay your enrollment deposit, first, reply to your Offer of Admission in your application portal. A new checklist item will appear so that you can pay your deposit.

Step 2: Meningitis Vaccination Record Submit your record online at Contact MedProctor at with questions. A live agent is chat-ready to assist students and may be reached through the website. The state requires that all incoming new students under the age of 22 must have the meningitis vaccine within the last 5 years and at least 10 days prior to the first day of class. HSU encourages every new student under 22 years of age to provide proof of the meningitis vaccine prior to registering for classes.

Step 3: Sign up to register for classes or contact your Admission Counselor to receive advising and to register for courses.

  • After a student’s transcripts have been received, the Registrar’s Office will prepare a course by course evaluation. Credit will be given for class work with an equivalent match at HSU and a satisfactory grade.
  • To see how courses could transfer from specific colleges, view our complete equivalencies guide. To read more information about course equivalencies, visit our Transfer Course Equivalencies page. To see degree requirements for all majors at HSU, find your degree program in our course catalog.
  • Want an unofficial transcript evaluation before applying? Just upload your transcript into this form!

Feel free to reach out with any questions you may have about the transfer process at HSU. We’re here to help!

Jamaal Wicks

Admission Counselor for Transfer Students
Call or Text: 325-309-6363
Fax: 325-671-2115


Request Unofficial Transcript Evaluation

Documents can be sent to:

Office of Enrollment Services
Hardin-Simmons University
PO Box 16050
Abilene, TX 79698

Fax: 325-671-2115