Preparing to study in a foreign country can be very exciting, and the journey to enrollment is a fulfilling experience. The following steps are designed to help you make a smooth transition to HSU. Click on each “step” to guide you through the process.
- Fall: April 1
- Spring: September 15
- Submit either an official SAT or ACT score. Minimum requirements for admission approval:
Test Score Test Centers Test Dates SAT 1030 Find a test center View test dates ACT 20* Find a test center View test dates
- Submit either TOEFL or IELTS score. Minimum requirements for admission approval:
Test Score Test Centers Test Dates TOEFL 79** View test centers and dates IELTS 6.5 View test centers View dates and register
These must be either original documents or photocopies signed or stamped by a school or government official. Test scores may be sent directly from the testing agency.
HSU school codes: SAT-6268, ACT-4096, TOEFL-6268
*If you are transferring from a university outside of the U.S., you do not need to submit an SAT or ACT score. However, we do require a TOEFL score.
**or 550 on paper exam
- Submit transcripts of all secondary work.
- Statement of purpose. Submit a one to two-page essay on why you wish to study in the United States or at Hardin-Simmons University.
- Copy of Passport. Submit a copy of your passport.
- You may also submit any supporting documents such as exit exams, diploma, etc.
- Fall: May 1
- Spring: October 15
- Statement of financial backing. Submit a completed and signed Statement of Financial Backing form and include supporting evidence; i.e. bank statements, savings accounts, etc. You will also submit these documents to the U.S. Consulate when applying for your visa. See “Immigration & Visa” on the right-hand side of this page for more information.
- Pay enrollment deposit. Click here for a Step-By-Step guide on how to pay the enrollment deposit. At this point, you will have been approved for admission. Upon receipt of your enrollment deposit, your I-20 will be sent to you. You will need your I-20 to submit your SEVIS I-901 fee and apply for your F-1 visa. See “Immigration & Visa” on the right-hand side of this page.
- Pay SEVIS Fee. See video tutorial.
- Schedule Visa interview. See F-1 Visa Interview Checklist for detailed instructions. See “Immigration & Visa” for more information. Click here to apply for your visa interview.
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: December 1
- Complete and submit forms:
- The health form “Student Health Form” must be filled out by your healthcare provider. Please note, Meningitis is the only required immunization and Tuberculosis screening may be required by the U.S. Government for some countries; all others are not required for arrival.
- Fill out a housing request. If you have any questions please contact ResLife department +1 (325) 670-1252 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Arrival Form
- Additionally, the Terms of Agreement need to be completed prior to registration
every semester. You can complete this by:
a. Logging into HSU Central using your username and password
b. Go to “Students” in the self-service menu (right side)
c. Select “Registration”
d. Select “Terms of Agreement”
c. Read the Terms of Agreement, Accept, and Submit
- Accept scholarships by going to HSU Central and in the Self-Service right side menu, clicking Students and then Financial Aid>Financial Aid Information.
- Respond to advising e-mail in order to register for classes by going to HSU Central and in the Self-Service right side menu, clicking Students and then Academic Profile>My class schedule.
We are so excited you have decided to join our HSU family. This link will direct you to a checklist for your arrival.
We pride ourselves on doing everything we can to make HSU as affordable as possible. This link will direct you to a list of internal and external scholarship opportunities.