HSU aims to make attending college affordable for prospective and current students. After admittance, applicants are eligible to be evaluated for scholarships. Hardin-Simmons provides equal opportunity and considers a student’s academic performance, ACT/SAT scores, co-curricular involvement, enrollment status, and anticipated major when awarding scholarships to a student’s account. Unless otherwise noted, additional applications for institutional scholarships are not required.
- Your admission application and FAFSA can both be used in determining your eligibility for scholarships.
- Requirements and/or evaluation criteria for scholarships are subject to change.
- Institutional scholarships are applied to fall and spring semesters only.
- Some scholarships are awarded on an annual basis only.
- All awards funded by HSU are tuition-specific.
- Students in the Intercollegiate Program, Study Abroad (beyond one semester), and Physical Therapy programs are not eligible for institutional scholarships.
- Students must apply for institutional scholarships through Scholarship Central.
Outside Scholarship Guide
Outside scholarships are scholarships that can be used for any university and comes from a source not connected to a specific university. Most of the time, you can apply for these scholarships online but there are some that still want a paper application. Of course, all of them have qualifications and a deadline.
You might be asked to provide some personal information or to write about your financial need, but scholarship agencies should never request your bank account or credit card number. If a scholarship agency requests personal bank information, do not apply for that scholarship. Also, when searching for outside scholarships, check the URL address for https:// which tells you it is a secure site. If the site is unsecured, do not apply for that scholarship.