Business Office Frequently Asked Questions

Undergraduate students who are registered full-time, 12 or more credit hours, will be charged the HSU block tuition rate. Block tuition purchases students 34 credits between fall, spring, and summer terms. Students are charged $15,347 per semester for fall and spring tuition when they register for 12-17 credit hours. Each credit that is over 17 in a semester, or 34 credits for the year, will be charged an additional hourly rate. Students who do not use their full 34 credit hours between the fall and spring semesters can use their remaining credits for summer classes.

Students are not required to use their full 34 credits but should be aware that there will be no reimbursement given for unused block hours. Credit or a refund is not warranted for classes that are dropped.

Students are always able to view their account balance and information by going to Self-Service > Student Finance > Account Summary. You can also log in directly to your Account Summary.

All students also receive monthly statements through Transact which will show account activity as well as any balance on the account. These statements are sent to your HSU email account.

Students are billed on a semester basis and there are three different ways that balances can be paid:

  • Financial Aid—covers full remaining balance
  • Payment in Full—paid by first payment due date of each semester
  • Payment Plan—enrolled through Transact

Students can enroll in a payment plan or make a payment online through Transact, our online payment portal. Transact can be accessed through Student Self-Service or through HSU’s Transact page.

HSU also accepts payments with cash or check at our cashier window on the second floor of Sandefer Memorial. If you are mailing a check, please have your payment mailed before the due date to avoid receiving late fees. All check payments must include the student name and ID number. Please do not mail cash. Our mailing address is P.O. Box 16010 Abilene, Texas 79698.

HSU has partnered with PayMyTuition for international tuition payments. With PayMyTuition, you can pay your tuition payments from any bank, in any country, in any currency at lower exchange rate than most banks.

For more information on PayMyTuition and how to make your payment please go to our Business Office home page.

Students who are not using financial aid, or paying their balance in full, are able to enroll in our payment plan. The payment plan is accessible through Transact where students and parents can make online payments. Parents, please refer to question six for information on how to gain access to Transact.

Students are able to enroll in a six-month, five month, or four-month payment plan to pay off their remaining semester balance. For additional information about payment plan due dates you may refer to our homepage. Please refer to our question about how to pay your balance for additional information, and how to access Transact. The payment plan has an enrollment fee of $80, and students must update their enrollment each semester.

Yes, a student may create a Parent PIN to allow parents, guardians and other authorized users to access their account information and make payments. A Parent PIN must be created by the student before it can be used. Students can send a payer invitation by logging into their Transact account. Once a PIN is created parents can log in to Transact this will also allow access to monthly balance statements.

You can always mail a payment on a student account to P.O. Box 16010 Abilene, Texas 79698. Make sure and include the student name and ID number on the payment. You can also make payments in person with cash or check at the Cashier window on the second floor of Sandefer Memorial.

Students who are awarded more aid (scholarships, grants, and loans) than what they are billed for will receive a credit balance refund. These refunds can be processed as a direct deposit. HSU uses BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc, which is a third-party company to return funds to students. All financial aid for the semester is posted to the student account after the semester starts.  Refunds will begin to be processed after financial aid has posted to the student account. Refunds can be expected within 14 days of financial aid posting. Please make sure that you have your preferred method to receive the refund set up prior to aid posting. This will ensure you receive your refund in the most efficient manner.

Financial aid posting dates are as follows for the 2023-2024 award year:

Term Date
Summer (UG and GR) 05/19/23
May term 05/19/23
Summer 1 06/09/23
Summer 2 07/14/23
Summer PA 05/09/23
Summer PT 05/09/23
Fall (UG and GR) 09/08/23
Fall PA 08/30/23
Fall PT 08/30/23
Spring (UG and GR) 1/26/2024
Spring PA 1/10/2024
Spring PT 1/17/2024

If you are a parent who is receiving a refund from a Parent Plus Loan, you will receive your refund as a mailed check. Students who wish to receive their refund as a check instead can email

Our school delivers your refund with BankMobile Disbursements, a technology solution, powered by BMTX, Inc. Incoming students will receive their personal code in the mail which will allow them to select their refund preference. Current students can access BankMobile Disbursements by going to Self-Service > Student Finance or go directly to BankMobile Disbursements. If you have lost your personal code to select your refund preference you may access a new one. When requesting your personal code please enter a zero before your student ID number.

To view our contract, visit this link:

Students who want to change their meal plan can contact the Business Office at 325-670-1001 or Students can only lower meal plans up through the last day to register in each semester.  HSU can always increase or add a meal plan at any time.  Please keep in mind that all students who live in the Residence Halls are required to have a meal plan. Freshman and Sophomores in apartments are required to have a meal plan. View meal plan options.

Veterans Affairs (VA): Students who qualify for VA benefits can submit their forms and questions to our VA representative in the Registrar’s Office 325-670-1200 or Billing for the VA is sent after the last day to register for classes in each semester.*

Texas Workforce Solutions (TWC): Students who qualify for TWC must have their representative contact HSU to send in the student Service Authorization Form. These can be emailed to Billing for the TWC will be processed after the last day to register in each semester. Students who have questions about the payment amount they receive, or their eligibility, can contact their TWC representative. Service Authorization forms that are sent after the last day to register will be billed as they are received.*

Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan (TGTP): Students who are eligible to receive funds from their TGTP must email an attachment of their TGTP Identification Card to This will allow the Business Office to bill the TGTP for each semester. The hourly reimbursement rates are determined by the TGTP and can be reviewed on TGTP’s website. Please keep in mind that it is the students responsibility to keep track of how many TGTP eligible credits they have left. Billing is sent after the last day to register in each semester.*

*Billing dates for Summer and quarterly terms vary.