Immigration & Visa Checklist
All international students admitted to an eligible degree program within HSU will be issued an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 student status.
To receive your I-20 you will need to sign up for HSU to ship your document through the SASS-SmartShip website. Once you sign up, select Hardin-Simmons University from the drop down menu to create your I-20 shipment. HSU will receive a shipping label in order to quickly mail your I-20. Once your document has been shipped, you will receive a notification so you can monitor delivery.
You must apply for an entry visa before you can enter the United States with authorized student status.
* If you are a resident alien or permanent resident you do not need to acquire an I-20 and will be considered under domestic status.
To apply for an entry visa, follow these steps:
All visa applicants must provide the following documents to the U.S. embassy or consulate during the application:
- Unexpired passport valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry.
- I-20 document
- Admission letter
- Documented proof of financial support for at least one year (scholarship or assistantship letter, bank statement, payroll stub, etc.)
- Receipt of SEVIS fee payment
- The Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 (available from the U.S. embassy/consulate)
- Any document requested by the embassy/consulate
Contact the International Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. We are here to help!