Admission Requirements: First-Time Freshmen
Automatic general admission will be offered to any student with one of the following qualifications:
- A Composite ACT score of 20 or higher
- A Combined SAT score of 1030 or higher
- A CLT score of 66 or higher
- A high school GPA of 3.5 or higher
- A high school class rank within the top 25% in a class of 10 or more
Automatic enhanced admission will be offered to students who do not submit a qualifying test score but can show either of the following:
- A high school GPA greater than or equal to 3.0, but less than 3.5
- A high school class rank between the 26th and 50th percentile in a class of 10 or more
*Students with enhanced admission are enrolled in the Strategic Learning Initiative in addition to regular coursework in their first semester at Hardin-Simmons University
The Strategic Learning Initiative consists of:
- A one hour credit course that meets 2 times per week. In each class period, twenty minutes will be spent introducing a learning strategy, and thirty minutes to helping the student apply the strategy to other courses
- A weekly 30-minute meeting one-on-one with a SLI Instructor or academic coach
While we recommend you take a college entrance exam, or submit the scores you already have, HSU will accept applications without test scores, with no penalty to the student. HSU will continue to have a holistic application review process and will consider all submitted application items when making an admission decision.
|Deadline to Apply||Applications are accepted through August 2024 for Fall 2024 start.|
|Early Action||To qualify for our Early Action Incentive ($600) AND obtain a $600 credit on your student account you must complete the following:
To qualify for our Early Action Incentive ($500) AND obtain a $500 credit on your student account you must meet the following:
To qualify for our Early Action Incentive ($300) AND obtain a $300 credit to your student account you must meet the following:
|Notification of Acceptance to HSU||Students meeting general admission requirements will receive notification within 5 business days of receiving all required documents.|
|Deadline for Financial Arrangements||Make arrangements with the Business Office for Fall 2024 charges by August 1, 2024.
Students who enroll after the deadline must make payment arrangements immediately.