Graduate International Admissions
Thank you for considering Hardin-Simmons University as a home your home away from home while studying in the United States. HSU offers a number of graduate programs for you to consider as an international student. Some of our graduate programs are offered on our campus in Abilene, Texas, USA, while other graduate programs are fully online. Please follow the international admissions deadlines and also the step-by-step guide for graduate international admissions as you apply to HSU.
As always, if you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are here to help!
To apply for graduate international admissions at HSU, please follow these steps:
Start your international graduate admission application to HSU today! There is a $50 application fee that can be paid through your profile any time prior to being admitted. Create a profile and submit the online application. TO APPLY NOW, CLICK HERE.
Please also follow the international admissions deadlines as you apply to HSU.
Need assistance applying? Please see the following video tutorials:
The international admissions process at HSU is simple. We need the following items to consider you for admission at HSU as an international graduate student:
- Submit transcripts from your undergraduate university. If undergraduate course work is completed at a university outside the U.S., you will need to submit an IEE transcript evaluation to HSU. *HSU does not require an IEE transcript evaluation for individuals who received an undergraduate degree from a university inside the U.S.
- Pay Graduate Application Fee. A non-refundable $50.00 USD application fee is due for all graduate international admission applications. This fee can be paid through your application profile anytime prior to being admitted.
- Submit either TOEFL, IELTS, or a Duolingo english proficiency test score. Minimum english proficiency requirements for graduate admission to HSU are:
|Test||Score||Test Centers||Test Dates|
|TOEFL||79*||View test centers and dates|
|IELTS||6.5*||View test centers and dates|
* HSU does not require a TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo score for individuals who have attended a university inside the U.S.
4. Supplemental documents will be required for various graduate programs.
In order to study in the United States, international students must complete a few immigration requirements with HSU:
- Copy of Passport. Submit a copy of your passport.
- Provide a statement of financial backing. Before a Form I-20 can be issued, students must complete a signed Statement of Financial Backing form and include supporting evidence; i.e. bank statements, savings accounts, etc. You will also submit these documents to the U.S. Consulate when applying for your visa.
- Pay Enrollment Deposit. Pay your enrollment deposit ($3,000 USD) and secure your spot at HSU. This enrollment deposit also acts as your first payment to your school tuition and fees. The enrollment deposit will be paid via credit card through the HSU admission portal or via wire transfer. To pay via wire transfer, please email our office at email@example.com for detailed instructions.
- Sign up for I-20 shipping. To sign up for HSU to ship your I-20 document you with need to visit our partner SASS-SmartShip website. Once you sign up, select Hardin-Simmons University from the drop-down menu to create your I-20 shipment. HSU will receive a shipping label in order to quickly mail your I-20. Once your document has been shipped, you will receive a notification so you can monitor delivery.
- Pay SEVIS Fee. To pay your SEVIS fee proceed to the following official DHS website here. For instructions on paying your SEVIS fee, view this video tutorial.
- Schedule Visa interview. To schedule your visa interview you will need to visit the following U.S. State Department website. Prior to your visa interview, you will need to review the F-1 Visa Interview Checklist and take those items with you on your interview date. Download a paper copy of this list here.
After you are admitted to the university and have completed your immigration requirements, there are a few additional items for you to complete in order to register for classes and then prepare for your arrival to HSU:
- Complete the Terms of Agreement. The terms of agreement will need to be completed prior to registration every semester. You can complete this in HSU Central by:
- Logging into HSU Central using your username and password
- Go to “Students” in the self-service menu (right side)
- Select “Registration”
- Select “Terms of Agreement”
- Read the Terms of Agreement, Accept, and Submit
- Accept Scholarship in HSU Central. You will need to accept your scholarships by going to HSU Central and in the Self-Service right side menu, clicking Students and then Financial Aid>Financial Aid Information.
- Register for Classes. Respond to advising e-mail in order to register for classes by going to HSU Central and in the Self-Service right side menu, clicking Students and then Academic Profile>My class schedule.
HSU will assist with your arrival to our campus by providing transportation service from the Abilene Regional Airport, and will also make sure your housing is ready when you arrive. In order to prepare for your arrival, the following items must be completed:
- Complete a Housing Request in HSU Central. Your housing request needs to be completed in HSU Central by following these housing request instructions. If you have any questions please contact your international admissions counselor or the Residence Life department by phone at+1 (325) 670-1252 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Complete the Student Health Form in MedProctor. The student health form needs to be completed and filled out by your healthcare provider. Please note, the Meningitis immunization (if under the age of 22), MMR immunization (two doses) , and a Tuberculosis screening are required immunizations when studying at HSU.
- Complete the Arrival Form and Review Pre-departure Checklist. In order to prepare for your arrival, please complete the arrival form and review the pre-departure checklist before you travel. HSU will assist with your arrival to our campus by providing transportation service from the Abilene Regional Airport, and will also make sure your housing is ready when you arrive.
International students are required to make their first payment toward their student account prior to their arrival to the HSU campus. Please make sure your first payment is made through HSU Central by the following payment due dates:
- Fall: August 1
- Spring January 5
To see a Step-By-Step Guide to make your first payment using CashNet Bill Pay in HSU Central. For instructions on how to wire funds, contact the HSU Business Office at email@example.com or +1 (325) 670-1001.
Important Deadlines & Dates for International Admissions
In order to have the greatest chance of acceptance and arrival to HSU as an international student, please complete your application and submit all of the required documents by these important dates.
We are so excited you have decided to join our HSU family and we will assist you with your arrival to campus as a new student. As you prepare to come study at HSU, this link will direct you to a checklist for your arrival to campus as an international student.
International Student Services
We love International students at HSU and have a dedicated office with a caring staff who will support you while you are studying in the United States. Think of HSU as your home away from home!