Hardin-Simmons University Accreditations
Hardin-Simmons University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) to award Bachelor, Master, and Doctoral degrees. The Board of Trustees for SACSCOC reaffirmed the full accreditation of Hardin-Simmons University during its annual meeting in Dallas, Dec. 2-5, 2017.
Accreditation through SACSCOC recognizes, at the highest level, HSU’s commitment to academic quality, financial integrity, and capacity to meet rigorous external standards recognized as best-practices in higher education. The comprehensive review process for reaffirmation of accreditation takes place every 10 years and culminates with a peer-led, on-campus visit.
Contact SACSCOC at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Hardin-Simmons University. Inquiries addressed to SACSCOC should relate only to the accreditation status of Hardin-Simmons University, and not to general admission information. All other inquiries about Hardin-Simmons University and its programs should be addressed to the offices of the University.
Additionally, the institution and certain of its programs are accredited by:
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs
- Association of Theological Schools
- Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Council for the Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs
- Council on Social Work Education
- National Association of Schools of Music
- Texas Board for Educator Certification
The university holds a number of memberships with the following professional organizations.
- Association of Independent Liberal Arts Colleges for Teacher Education
- American Mathematical Society
- Association of Southern Baptist Colleges and Schools
- Association of Texas Colleges and Universities
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education
- Council of Academic Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- Council for Christian Colleges and Universities
- Mathematical Association of America
- National Academy of Paraprofessional Programs in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- National Association for Foreign Student Affairs
- Texas Association of Colleges for Teacher Education
- Texas Association of Schools of Art
Alumnae of the University are Approved for Membership in
- American Association of University Women