• Student Health Services

    Student Health Office

    The Mission of Hardin-Simmons University Student Health is to provide free health care and health education. Appropriate care, education and resources are given to the student to meet the needs of the total person- physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

    The university maintains an outpatient clinic staffed by a registered nurse. The Student Health Office/Clinic is located in Moody Center, room 208.

    Hours of Operation:

    • Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 12 noon and 1 p.m. - 3 p.m. during long semesters.
    • Monday - Thursday, 8 a.m. - 12 noon and 1 p.m. - 2 p.m. during summer.


    Free treatment at the clinic includes first aid, assessment and treatment of minor ailments and dispensing of nonprescription medications. The university does not supply prescription drugs or personal nursing care. Students with allergies or any illness that requires regular injections may receive them in the Student Health Office with a physician's authorization and a signed release. There is a minimal syringe fee per semester.

    What are the Options when the Student Health Office is not Open?

    In the event a student is ill or in need of medical advice and the university nurse is not on duty, the student has the following options:

    • Call his/her personal physician's office
    • Go to the Walk-In Clinic, 560 North Judge Ely, 325.677.4904
    • Go to Dr. J Express Care, 1634 Hwy. 351, 325.676.1100
    • In case of an emergency: Go to Hendrick Trauma Center, 1900 Pine, 325.670.2151

    Students should notify the residence hall director if they need assistance contacting a health care provider

    Health Insurance

    What student insurance is available?

    It is important for students to have their health insurance card to facilitate any need for medical attention. For students who do not have insurance coverage and who wish it, HSU has insurance brochures from different companies in the nurse's office.

    International students are required to have health insurance. If the international student has health insurance, the student will be required to sign a waiver stating the student has insurance. A copy of the insurance card must be submitted as well. Failure to submit a signed wavier by the start of the semester to the university nurse may obligate the international student to pay for health insurance coverage on his/her student account.

    For more information about Student Health, contact:

    Sue Ann Biggs, R.N.
    University Nurse
    Moody Center, room 208
    325-671-2120 (fax)

  • A Princeton Review Best Western College  
  • Council for Christian Colleges & Universities  
  • Center for Student Opportunity: Promoting a College-Bound Culture  
  • US News Best Colleges  
  • The Chronicle on Higher Education, Great Colleges to Work For: 2014  
  • Military Friendly  
  • Colleges of Distinction  
  • University and College Accountability Network