• Transferring to HSU

     Smiling Transfer

    If you are graduating from a two-year college, seeking a change from your present school, or planning to resume your education, Hardin-Simmons University is the place where every student - traditional or non-traditional - is welcomed as part of the family. HSU provides you with the opportunity to be involved in many organizations and activities and stresses the importance of your receiving individual attention from faculty and staff.

    • Transfer Student Admission

      A student applying for admission as a transfer student from another college or university beyond high school graduation must submit:

      • Application for Admission: An application must be completed and returned to Enrollment Services.
      • Transcripts: An official transcript needs to be sent from each of the colleges or universities attended. The minimum requirement for acceptance is 24 hours with a 2.0 GPA or above. Transfer students with less than 24 transferable hours may submit a high school transcript and satisfactory scores on the ACT or SAT exams to supplement their application.
      • Eligibility: A student who is not eligible to continue at another institution, whether for academic or disciplinary reasons, is not eligible for regular admission to HSU. For admission purposes, all equivalent work attempted at another institution is included in the calculation of the grade point average on the same basis as courses completed on the HSU campus.
      • A $300 enrollment deposit for all new students must be paid prior to class registration. The deposit is refundable prior to May 1st.
      • Apply Online!
    • Transferring Credits to Hardin-Simmons

      A tentative course-by-course evaluation of transfer work is prepared by the Registrar's office. If a student is transferring from a college or university accredited by a regional accreditation association, his/her work will be generally accepted if such work is equivalent to or parallel with course work offered at HSU and satisfactory grades have been earned. Final acceptance of transfer work is subject to the approval of the Registrar. See Transfer Courses and Transfer Course Equivalencies for more information.

      You may also see all of our degree worksheets, including the classes required for each major and minor.

    • Financing a Hardin-Simmons Education

      Many students and their families do not realize the amount of financial assistance that is available to help pay for the cost of a Hardin-Simmons education. Once you have applied for financial assistance, you will be considered for aid from a variety of sources.

      There are two types of assistance: grant aid and self-help aid. Grant aid, in the form of scholarships and grants, does not have to be repaid. Self-help aid, in the form of loans and college work-study programs, means you either borrow money which you repay after completing your education or you work to earn money to subsidize the cost of your education. Both grant aid and self-help aid are funded through federal, state, institutional, and private dollars. For more information, visit our Financial Aid and Scholarships pages.

  • The state requires that all incoming new students under the age of 22 must have the meningitis vaccine within the last 5 years and at least 10 days prior to the first day of class. In addition, Hardin-Simmons University requires every new incoming student under 22 years of age provide proof of the meningitis vaccine prior to registering for classes.

  • A Princeton Review Best Western College
  • Council for Christian Colleges & Universities  
  • Center for Student Opportunity: Promoting a College-Bound Culture
  • US News Best Colleges
  • Military Friendly
  • college_of_christian_distinction_badge20172018
  • College Choice Best Christian Colleges and University
  • University and College Accountability Network