An application for this position consists of an HSU Application, a resume and a document detailing your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (see below). The completed application package should be emailed to Human Resources at
email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maintenance Technician, Specialty: HVAC
As soon as possible
Works under the supervision of the HSU Director of Facilities
HSU CHRISTIAN STANDARD REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT -
Candidate must profess a Christian Faith, maintain membership in a local congregation, and respect the values and distinctives central to the historically Baptist values of HSU.
: Serves as Maintenance Technician; Keeps facilities functioning for optimum educational experiences.
- Frequently stands for prolonged periods of time
- Frequent heavy lifting (50-60 pounds) or dragging required
- A 45-hour workweek is required; other days as necessary. Some overtime will be required.
- On-call duties as assigned
- Must be able to work flexible shift when required. May include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- All hours worked beyond 40-hours in a single work week will be compensated at time and a half, per FSLA guidelines.
- Experience in Maintaining/Operating a Central Plant (Chillers/Towers) required
- Experience in maintaining/operating an Energy Management System required
- Experience in maintaining/operating boilers preferred
- Experience in repair of fan coils, air handlers, exhaust fans, and VAV's preferred
- Must have and maintain a clear driving record in order to be insurable under HSU liability policy
- Plant and building operations
- Campus facilities repair and preventative maintenance
- Assist in assuring campus functions occur without any difficulties
- Perform work orders as assigned. Advise Facilities Director of outcomes and recommend further actions as needed
- Keep campus HVAC systems in optimum working order
- Perform preventative maintenance as required. With Facilities Director, plan for updating current systems prior to complete obsolescence
- Keep up with university equipment, property and vehicles, service as needed
- Keep current on all local, state, and national codes and regulations
- Keep all licenses current
- Assist other technicians in the performance of their duties
- Follows the HSU Personnel and Safety Handbooks
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Keep current on latest EMS updates and training
KSA's (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
on a separate sheet of paper, complete the KSA information listed below. Using any standard word processing program, please write a paragraph for each KSA listed describing your knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is your opportunity to express your background and qualifications in each area. Relate the KSAs to the Essential Duties when possible. Explain your qualifications from your background, education, current job and/or previous jobs as they relate to each function. Interview decisions will be based on the information provided.
Must have the ability to organize, delegate, and follow-through with work assigned to student workers.
Must be a self-starter and have the ability to organize and plan the upkeep of various campus equipment and systems. Must be able to work as part of a group or alone to accomplish various projects through the HSU campus. Must be able to plan ahead to ensure projects are complete in the proper timeframe.
- Customer Service:
Previous experience in a customer oriented atmosphere helpful. Must have ability to identify requirements and provide service to the requesting HSU constituent. If needed, must be willing to work beyond normal end of day to take care of HSU constituents.
Must be able to complete projects in a safe manner. Ability to identify unsafe acts and unsafe conditions is important.
Preference for this position will be given to applicants who are professing Christians.
For more information concerning benefits offered to HSU employees, see the
HSU Benefits Summary
on the HSU website.
EEO / ADA STATEMENT:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, HSU complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws including those prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, sex, pregnancy, race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information and military service. HSU is a private university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, and may lawfully consider an applicant's religion as a selection criterion. HSU is committed to hiring faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith and fully support HSU's mission.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HSU provides reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the organization or would change the essential functions of the job. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to Human Resources.