The goal of Technology Services is to provide technology to support, enhance, and manage student learning, assist with the delivery of the learning environment, and ease the administration of that environment to maximize the learning experience. Technology shall be utilized as a tool to enhance, enrich, and facilitate the learning experience.
To achieve this mission, Technology Services endeavors to provide appropriate technologies that enable faculty to teach more effectively, students to learn more successfully, and staff to do their work more efficiently.
The HSU Help Desk is your primary contact for all technology related needs. We are in the Richardson Library 1st floor and we welcome walk-ins.
We are open:
- Monday through Friday: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
If support staff is unavailable call 325-670-1288, please leave a voicemail with as much detail as possible regarding your issue/technology need. This will automatically generate a request in the ticketing system.
Or, by emailing the Help Desk at email@example.com from your HSU e-mail account, a request will be automatically generated in the ticketing system. When submitting a technology request/issue, please provide as much detail as possible. Include error messages (if applicable).
Do you need help with a non-HSU owned Personal Computer?
Download the Office 365 Email Settings for Phones pdf.
HSU Credentials (Username & Password)
Your HSU Credentials are automatically generated when you’re accepted into HSU. The following services utilize the same credentials:
Please note that your HSU e-mail address may be different from your username.
- Lab computers
Forgot username & password
- Go to HSU Self Service
- Click on “Forgot your user name or password ?” at the bottom of the login area.
- Follow instructions on the next page.
To change your password
- Login to Self Service
- Click on username in the top right-hand corner > Select Change Password
Microsoft Office 365 is now available free for all current students, faculty, and staff at Hardin-Simmons University.
- Go to office.com and click on “Sign in” at the upper right-hand corner.
- Under the E-mail or phone field, type in your username followed by @hsutx.edu (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org). Do not use your e-mail address.
- In the password field, type in your HSU password.
- Click the “Install Office” button.
- Choose “Office365 apps”
- Follow the normal download procedures for the browser being used.
Printing from your own device (desktop, laptop, tablet, phone)
Wireless printing from your own device to a HSU network printer is available via HSUWireless and MyResNet wifi networks. Printing is free to all HSU students and you will not be charged. After an initial setup of the “HSU Mobile Print” queue is completed on your device, you will be able to send your print jobs to “HSU Mobile Print” where it is held until you release it from the printer using your own HSU credentials. “HSU Mobile Print” release stations are located in the following locations around campus:
- Library 1st floor (north end)
- Anderson Hall
- Behrens Hall
- Ferguson Hall
- Lange Hall
- Nix Hall
While connected to HSUWireless or MyResNet wifi follow these steps:
- Setup your device (first time only) visit: http://goprint.hsutx.edu
- Print from your device to the printer labeled “HSU Mobile Print”
- At the printer of your choice in the locations listed above, login with your HSU credentials/ID number and choose “Print Release”
Print jobs are held in the secure queue and can be released for up to 24 hours . After 24 hours, if the job is not release, your print job will be deleted.
Hardin-Simmons is dedicated to providing “State-of-the-Art” Technology for its students. HSU’s goal is to offer the “Latest & Greatest” technology with the most functionality, offering every tool necessary for all classes and projects.
A majority of the campus computer labs are the latest Windows builds. The Frost Art Center’s computer lab contains Apple’s iMac for the students to use.