Celebrate Women’s History Month with Hardin-Simmons University
March is Women’s History Month and March 8 is International Women’s Day. Throughout the month, like all awareness days, we are reminded to listen to people’s stories and to give them the space to be heard.
There are multiple ways to celebrate Women’s History Month with HSU:
- Swing by the History Department or HSU Library Circulation Desk for your purple ribbon to show support!
- Donate feminine hygiene products for local outreach groups, including Noah Project and New Beginnings. Collections points are the HSU Library, the Department of Social Work in Skiles (first floor), and Dr.Tiffany Fink’s office in Skiles 206.
- 8:30 a.m. guided prayer for women around the world in the Logsdon Reception room
- 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. food, games, and fun on Anderson Lawn
- Off-campus, Dr. Tiffany Fink will provide a free public history talk titled “Half the Population, Only Half the Court: Title IX and Women’s Collegiate Basketball in Texas.” This event is free and open to the public at The Grace Museum at 6:00 p.m.
- From 6:00-8:00 p.m. enjoy a panel conversation about this year’s International Women’s Day theme, “embracing equity.”