Dr. Terry Sergeant
Dr. Terry Sergeant, serves as professor of computer science
in the Kelley College of Business at Hardin-Simmons University.
A love for problem-solving drew him to computer science. While
using computers to solve problems is fun for him, it is not as exciting as
teaching students who share his love for problem-solving. Although he learned a
lot while completing his Ph.D. in computer science, he has also learned a lot
from teaching and from working on various projects.
In addition to teaching a variety of courses, he is owner of Sergeant Services and has written and
maintains a commercial web application: MOST™.
When Sergeant is not working, he enjoys spending time with
his family (wife and two kids) and learning new skills. Skills recently under
development include playing the piano and mountain biking.
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Physical Education, Ouachita Baptist University, May 1991
- Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, Ouachita Baptist University, May 1991
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Ouachita Baptist University, May 1991
- Master of Science, Computer Science, University of Arkansas, May 1993
- Doctor of Philosophy, Computer Science, University of Texas at Arlington, December 1996