• Evaluation of College Transcripts

    Evaluation of college transcripts includes, but is not limited to, the following procedures:

    1. Evaluation of work:
      1. A tentative course-by-course evaluation of transfer work is prepared by the Registrar’s Office. If a student is transferring from a college or university accredited by a regional accreditation association (such as the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools), his/her work will be generally accepted if it is equivalent to or parallel with course work offered at HSU and satisfactory grades have been earned. Final acceptance of transfer work is subject to the approval of the Registrar, who is the Articulation Officer for HSU. However, no transfer work will be posted to the HSU transcript until ALL official transcripts are received.
      2. Students seeking to transfer from an unaccredited college or university may be permitted to transfer as many as 30 semester hours contingent upon:
        1. An evaluation of the work to be transferred on a course by course basis;
        2. Completion of at least 15 semester hours of HSU work with a grade of “C” or better.
      3. Up to 15 semester hours of work unrelated to fields of study offered at HSU may be accepted EN BLOC for elective credit in the student’s degree program.
      4. All transferable work completed at an accredited two-year college will be posted to a transferring student’s official transcript. However, no more than 66 of those semester hours may be applied to any degree. Therefore, if the student earns more than 66 semester hours from a two-year institution, it will be the responsibility of the student’s advisor and/or major department to identify no more than 66 of those hours to be applied toward an HSU degree. Once a student who has enrolled at HSU has completed a total of 66 semester hours, regardless of where those hours have been earned, the remainder of the hours to be applied to a degree must be completed at a four-year institution.
      5. Freshman or sophomore-level courses completed at another institution will not transfer as upper-division credit. Furthermore, such courses may not be substituted for upper-level courses unless approved by the head of the department in which the course is offered or by the dean of the appropriate college or school.
      6. An Evaluation Form, which indicates the transfer status of all courses attempted, will be provided to the applicant usually within three weeks after the receipt of all official transcripts and application credentials.
    2. Grades: Courses with a grade lower than C will not be accepted in transfer. However, at the time of admission, a student may petition to transfer no more than two courses with grades of D, providing the resulting overall transfer GPA is 2.00 or higher. After enrolling at HSU, no grade lower than a C will be accepted for transfer credit. Except for approved Intercollege work taken subsequent to the student’s admission to HSU, only work taken at HSU will be used in calculating the grade point average for purposes of graduation, honors, and general academic standing. The student must earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.00 including a minimum cumulative average of 2.00 in both the major and the minor.
  • A Princeton Review Best Western College
  • Council for Christian Colleges & Universities  
  • Center for Student Opportunity: Promoting a College-Bound Culture
  • US News Best Colleges
  • Military Friendly
  • college_of_christian_distinction_badge20172018
  • College Choice Best Christian Colleges and University
  • University and College Accountability Network