Terry W SergeantDept Head: Computer Science; Professor of Computer Science Holland School of Sciences and Mathematics Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Education, Physical Education, Ouachita Baptist University, May 1991
- Bachelor of Arts, Mathematics, Ouachita Baptist University, May 1991
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Science, Ouachita Baptist University, May 1991
- Master of Science, Computer Science, University of Arkansas, May 1993
- Doctor of Philosophy, Computer Science, University of Texas at Arlington, December 1996
Dr. Terry Sergeant, serves as professor of computer science in the Kelley College of Business at Hardin-Simmons University.
A love for problem-solving drew him to computer science. While using computers to solve problems is fun for him, it is not as exciting as teaching students who share his love for problem-solving. Although he learned a lot while completing his Ph.D. in computer science, he has also learned a lot from teaching and from contributing to various web applications (including MOST Interactive™, TrustedWills.com, and Zúme Project).
When Sergeant is not working, he enjoys spending time with his family, learning new skills, and riding his bike.