Perry Kay BrownDean, College of Human Sciences and Educational Studies; Professor of Education Col of Hmn Scis & Eductl Stu
- Bachelor of Science, Elementary Education, Sul Ross State University, 1994
- Master of Education, Sul Ross State University, 1982
- Doctor of Education, Multicultural Education and Early Childhood, Arizona State University, 1992
Dr. Perry K. Haley Brown, professor of education and Dean in the College of Human Sciences and Educational Studies is graduate of Sul Ross State University where she earned the Bachelor of Science degree in elementary education.
Brown completed her Master of Education degree at Sul Ross State University and the Doctor of Education degree in Multicultural Education and Early Childhood from Arizona State University. Prior to her appointment as Dean in July 2015, she served as Dean of the School of Education at McMurry University from 2000-2015.
Brown began her university teaching career at McMurry University in 1994 where she served as Curriculum and Instruction Department Chair and Mediation Officer for the university. Her elementary teaching career began in 1974 as a bilingual kindergarten teacher in the Ysleta Independent School District in El Paso, Texas. She has also taught in the independent school districts of Marfa, Alpine, and Eustace, Texas. She holds an Arizona Community College Certificate in Early Childhood and ESL and an Arizona Higher Education and Supervisory Certificate. She taught English as a Second Language in the Chandler Unified School District and served as the district Coordinator of Compensatory Programs.
Brown has numerous professional presentations and awards for teaching. She is an active member in Education Deans of Independent Colleges and Universities in Texas (EDICUT). She served as state president in 2008 and 2012 for EDICUT and state treasurer in 2015-16. She has also served in leadership positions in the Texas Association of Colleges for Teacher Education and the Consortium of State Organizations for Texas Teacher Education. She is currently the state treasurer for the organization and has held that position since 2015. She holds membership in other professional organizations and boards in Texas.
- Mediation Duncum Center for Conflict Resolution Abilene Christian University March 2012
- Advanced Mediation: Marital Disputes Duncum Center for Conflict Resolution Abilene Christian University October 2012
- Texas Education Agency Field Supervisor Training May 2017
- Child Protection Training Certificate 2016-17
- Texas Project WILD Certificate 2016-18 Texas Parks and Wildlife