Please note, all campus visits to HSU have been temporarily put on hold and a virtual visit has been added. We will update this page as more information comes available.
We want you to experience HSU firsthand. Exploring campus in person and meeting with faculty, staff, and current students is the best way for you to determine if HSU is a fit for you. If costs are keeping you from making a visit, consider submitting an application for up to $300 reimbursement if you live more than 250 miles from HSU.
To be eligible for reimbursement you must meet the following:
- Students must be approved for admission.
- Your permanent address is 250 miles or more from HSU in Abilene, Texas.
- This is your first official visit to campus.
- You haven’t received reimbursement for a previous visit.
- Your visit must include a campus tour, admission session, and faculty/coach visit
- You must be present for the entirety of your scheduled visit.
Expenses Eligible for Reimbursement
- Airline tickets and any associated fees
- Hotel lodging
- Travel mileage by car paid at $.15 a mile. If airline tickets are paid for by rewards miles, only the cash paid amount as indicated on the receipt is eligible for reimbursement.
Expenses Not Eligible for Reimbursement
- Expenses accrued while in Abilene that are not specifically mentioned above.
- Obtain admission to HSU
- Submit a reimbursement application below within 30 days of your campus visit and include any eligible receipts.
- The Campus Visit Coordinator will review and process all applications.
The one-time maximum amount of reimbursement for expenses is $300.
Students approved for reimbursement will receive half of approved expenses up to $150 upon approval. A check will be mailed to the student for expenses. If the student enrolls at HSU, the remaining half of approved expenses will be credited to the student’s bill.
Example: Student A flies to campus for a visit and is outside of the 250 mile limit. The cost of the ticket is $200. The student’s application is approved and a $100 check is mailed. Student A enrolls at HSU and his account is credited $100, for a total reimbursement of $200.
Example: Student B flies to campus for a visit and is outside of the 250 mile limit. The cost of the ticket $500. The student’s application is approved and a $150 check is mailed. Student B enrolls at HSU and his account is credited for $150, for a total reimbursement of $300.
Example: Student C drives to campus and lives 300 miles from HSU. The student’s application is approved and a check for $45 ($.15 per mile at 300 miles for the trip to campus) is mailed. Student C enrolls at HSU and her account is credited for $45 ($.15 per mile at 300 miles for the return trip home), for a total reimbursement of $90.