Immigration & Visa Checklist
All international students admitted to an eligible degree program within HSU will be issued an I-20 Certificate of Eligibility for F-1 student status.
You must apply for an entry visa before you can enter the United States with authorized student status.
* If you are a resident alien or permanent resident you do not need to acquire an I-20 and will be considered under domestic status.
To apply for an entry visa, follow these steps:
All visa applicants must provide the following documents to the U.S. embassy or consulate during the application:
- Unexpired passport valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry.
- I-20 document
- Admission letter
- Documented proof of financial support for at least one year (scholarship or assistantship letter, bank statement, payroll stub, etc.)
- Receipt of SEVIS fee payment
- The Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 (available form the U.S. embassy/consulate)
- Any document requested by the embassy/consulate
We are here to help!
Need to get in touch with your admissions counselor? Make a Skype appointment! Appointments are available Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. U.S Central Time. HSU provides immigration counseling & visa interview preparation for accepted students.