• Immigration & Visa

    An international student is one who is not a U.S. citizen. For purposes of immigration and application status, a non-citizen will apply to HSU as an alien student and will be seeking an F-1 visa. Resident alien/permanent residents are considered domestic students. A visa is not required, but the alien registration number must be included in the application for admission.

    You must apply for an entry visa before you can enter the United States with a student status. To apply for an entry visa, follow these steps:

    • Step 1. Determine type of entry visa.

      If you received an "I-20" from the University, you will be applying for an F-1 visa. 

    • Step 2. Pay the SEVIS I-901 fee.

      New students must pay the SEVIS fee at www.ice.gov/sevis/i901 before applying for an entry visa or entering the United States. This fee is charged by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. You will not be able to pay the fee until you have your I-20 in your possession. 

    • Step 3. Locate the nearest U.S. embassy or consulate.

      Visit www.usembassy.gov to locate an embassy or consulate in your country. 

    • Step 4. Schedule your visa interview.

      The local embassy or consulate will have specific instructions for scheduling an appointment. Try to schedule your appointment as soon as possible after receiving your documents. 

    • Step 5. Prepare documents for the interview.

      All visa applicants must provide the following documents to the U.S. embassy or consulate during the application:       

      -Unexpired passport valid for six months beyond your intended date of entry.        

      -I-20 document

      -Admission letter         

      -Documented proof of financial support for at least one year (scholarship or assistantship letter, bank statement, payroll stub, etc.)         

      -Receipt of SEVIS fee payment         

      -The Nonimmigrant Visa Application, Form DS-160 (available form the U.S. embassy/consulate)         

      -Any document requested by the embassy/consulate

    • Step 6. Contact your International Admissions Counselor for further questions.

    Need to get in touch with your admissions counselor? Make a Skype appointment! Appointments are available Monday through Friday, from 8am to 5pm, with HSU's user ID being hsu.global. HSU provides immigration counseling & visa interview preparation for accepted students.

    Schedule a Skype Appointment
  • A Princeton Review Best Western College
  • Council for Christian Colleges & Universities  
  • Center for Student Opportunity: Promoting a College-Bound Culture
  • US News Best Colleges
  • Military Friendly
  • college_of_christian_distinction_badge20172018
  • College Choice Best Christian Colleges and University
  • University and College Accountability Network