An application for this position consists of an HSU Application, a resume and a document detailing your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (see below). The completed application package should be emailed to Human Resources at
and cc: email@example.com.
Transfer Admission Counselor (Non-Exempt)
TENTATIVE START DATE:
May 1, 2018
Director of Admission and Recruiting
HSU CHRISTIAN STANDARD REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT -
Candidate must profess a Christian Faith, maintain membership in a local congregation, and respect the values and distinctives central to the historically Baptist values of HSU.
: The role of the Transfer Admission Counselor is to manage, recruit, counsel and enroll new transfer students to HSU. Admission Counselors work with prospective students through the admission, financial aid, and registration process.
- This job is sedentary in nature
- Must be able to sit for long periods while performing office and computer operations
- Occasional moderate lifting required (up to 20-25 pounds)
- Must be willing to travel
- Travel and irregular work hours are required
- Working beyond a normal 40-hour week is a definite including nights and weekends. All hours worked beyond 40-hours in a single work week will be compensated at time and a half, per FSLA guidelines.
Bachelor's Degree in any discipline, preferably from HSU. At least 2-3 years of full-time work experience (beyond college) is preferred. Adheres to the Christian principles upon which the university is founded.
- Admission Counseling
- Financial Aid Counseling
- Strategically manage designated geographic territory
- Develop collegial relationships with community college partners
- Travel extensively throughout a primary recruiting market to seek, select, and convert prospective transfer students to HSU to actual enrolled students
- Travel routinely to community colleges across the state to conduct recruiting visits, meet and greet advising staff, transfer counselors, and other campus personnel.
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director with development of articulation agreements and partnership development.
- Counsel prospective students and their parents to inform them of admission requirements, financial assistance programs and processes, scholarship eligibility, student life, and other aspects of HSU.
- Able to foster and maintain professional relationships with prospective students and their families.
- Able to communicate effectively both in person and in written format (presentations to groups and individuals required)
- Develop expertise in transfer course equivalencies and knowledge of the transfer student experience.
- Provide weekly, quarterly and annual territory reports to Director of Admission and Recruiting
- Develop and maintain webpages specific to undergraduate transfer students.
- Assists with daily campus visits as well as seasonal activities, projects and/or events.
- When necessary, assist with daily campus tours for prospective students and families.
- Weekend and night work required.
- Additional departmental administrative duties may be assigned.
- Must be able to work with multiple constituents in a manner congruent with the image and mission of the University. Constituents include but not limited to: prospective students, parents of prospective students, current students, alumni, trustees, other college/university personnel, and various internal personnel.
- Must be able to work on multiple software platforms to include Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and Technolutions Slate. Knowledge of the Internet, Instant Message and Social Media required. Knowledge of Slate CRM preferred.
- Adheres to guidelines in the University Personnel and Safety Handbooks and departmental policies
- Bilingual - English and Spanish preferred.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KSA's (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
on a separate sheet of paper, complete the KSA information listed below. Using any standard word processing program, please write a paragraph for each KSA listed describing your knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is your opportunity to express your background and qualifications in each area. Relate the KSAs to the Essential Duties when possible. Explain your qualifications from your background, education, current job and/or previous jobs as they relate to each function. Interview decisions will be based on the information provided.
- Customer Service:
For more information concerning benefits offered to HSU employees, see the
HSU Benefits Summary
on the HSU website.
EEO / ADA STATEMENT:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, HSU complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws including those prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, sex, pregnancy, race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information and military service. HSU is a private university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, and may lawfully consider an applicant's religion as a selection criterion. HSU is committed to hiring faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith and fully support HSU's mission.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HSU provides reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the organization or would change the essential functions of the job. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to Human Resources.