An application for this position consists of an HSU Application, a resume and a document detailing your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (see below). The completed application package should be emailed to Human Resources at
and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Ambassador - Fort Worth Region (Non-Exempt)
Fort Worth, TX
Associate Vice President for Enrollment Services
HSU CHRISTIAN STANDARD REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT -
Candidate must profess a Christian Faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, maintain an active church involvement, and hold the Old Testament and New Testament to be sacred scriptures.
: This position is a part-time (less than 30 hours per week), hourly position serving as the Regional Ambassador for the Fort Worth, Texas region. The Regional Ambassador promotes student recruitment through development of school, church, and alumni relationships. The Regional Ambassador will also engage alumni in the student referral process through personal contacts, alumni events, and other meetings.
Occasional lifting up to 25 lbs
Travel required within the territory as needed
- Candidate will live in the Fort Worth area.
- Candidate will be an alumnus of Hardin-Simmons University
- Work with Central Texas Admission Counselor to enlist prospective students, follow-up with applicants and admitted students in the region, and assist with the enrollment process.
- Attend TACRAO/NACCAP fairs not covered by territory admission counselor.
- Coordinate visits in churches of prospective students, particularly where alumni/trustees attend or are employed.
- Coordinate visits in private/public schools of prospective students, particularly where alumni/trustees are employed or where their children or grandchildren attend.
- Meet, inform and involve alumni/trustees in the region regarding HSU news, updates, and events. Contact lists will be provided by Alumni and Advancement Offices.
- Assist Alumni Office in planning of cooperative alumni/prospective student events.
- Coordinate alumni events in the region. Assist Alumni Office locating venues for events.
- Provide weekly activity reports. Coordinate alumni events in the region. Assist Alumni Office locating venues for events.
- Work effectively with various offices on campus in addition to the primary offices of Enrollment Services, University Advancement, and Alumni Relations.
KSA's (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
on a separate sheet of paper, complete the KSA information listed below. Using any standard word processing program, please write a paragraph for each KSA listed describing your knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is your opportunity to express your background and qualifications in each area. Relate the KSAs to the Essential Duties when possible. Explain your qualifications from your background, education, current job and/or previous jobs as they relate to each function. Interview decisions will be based on the information provided.
- Computer Skills: Professional/Business Office Experience:
- Human Relations/Customer Service:
For more information concerning benefits offered to HSU employees, see the
HSU Benefits Summary
on the HSU website.
EEO / ADA Statement:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, HSU complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws including those prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, sex, pregnancy, race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information and military service. HSU is a private university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, and may lawfully consider an applicant's religion as a selection criterion. HSU is committed to hiring faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith and fully support HSU's mission.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HSU provides reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the organization or would change the essential functions of the job. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to Human Resources.