An application for this position consists of an HSU Application, a resume and a document detailing your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (see below). The completed application package should be emailed to Human Resources at
and cc: email@example.com
Faculty Administrative Coordinator (Non-Exempt)
As Soon As Possible
Reports directly to the Undergraduate and Graduate Program Chairs
HSU CHRISTIAN STANDARD REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT -
Candidate must profess a Christian Faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, maintain an active church involvement, and hold the Old Testament and New Testament to be sacred scriptures.
: The Faculty Administrative Coordinator performs a broad range of administrative duties for the faculty and Chairs of the Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing (PHSSN). This position is non-supervisory but may assist with assigning work to student or temporary workers.
The job is sedentary in nature. Must be able to sit for long periods while performing office and computer operations. Must be able to make daily trips across campus to various buildings and offices.
A normal 40-hour workweek is required, with infrequent work on evenings or Saturdays.
A. Provides administrative support to the faculty and chairs through the use of a wide range of technical systems.
B. Performs general data entry and collection duties for the department of nursing.
C. Provides the first point of contact and source of basic information for students, faculty, staff and external customers.
D. Utilize exceptional office organizational and management skills.
E. Prioritizes multiple tasks.
- Manage all work and information flow that pertains to Nursing.
- Prepare and distribute all assigned correspondence, reports, mail, and documents for distribution and presentation; all materials should be prepared and distributed in a professional, accurate and expedient manner.
- Develops and maintains accurate recordkeeping systems and databases for correspondence, reports, data, records, and other essential documents and information for the School of Nursing.
- Performs general administrative/clerical duties, to include, but not limited to: faxing, mail distribution, printing/copying reports, and filing documents.
- Answers phones and redirects calls as appropriate. When necessary, takes adequate messages and communicates messages in a timely manner.
- Greets students and visitors then refers them to the appropriate individual and/or office.
- Transcribe and distribute meeting agendas and minutes for faculty and Administrative Council meetings.
- Coordinate the calendar of appointments, travel, and meetings for the faculty and chairs.
- Collaborate with the Admissions Coordinator to complete course schedule and classroom assignments in Colleague while working with other colleges for the best use of classroom resources.
- Schedule PHSSN office space for meetings, conferences, and room reservations and schedules for faculty and Chairs.
- Process and complete all check requests and purchase orders, in accordance with PHSSN procedures to be approved by the Chairs and/or Dean.
- Manage/maintain ordering of supplies and inventory to ensure the working functionality of the office and office equipment.
- Ensure approval from the Chairs and/or Dean's office prior to ordering office supplies, materials.
- Maintain, organize and coordinate continuing education program series.
- Prepare correspondence and documents for the program Chairs.
- Assist in preparation of accreditation reports and other departmental projects as needed.
- Manage calendars and faculty travel arrangements for school business.
- Sets up simple events, arranges faculty meetings and student appointments.
- Assist with planning and coordination of special events held by the School of Nursing including Pinning, Scholarship and the Awards banquet.
- Assist with recruiting activities and events.
- Creates and maintains filing systems including PHSSN "s-drive".
- Performs data collection/entry duties into computer systems as assigned; i.e. Nursing CAS, excel etc.
- Maintain alumni, clinical affiliations, and current student contact information in appropriate databases.
- Works collaboratively with the Admissions Coordinator to ensure that all necessary student documents are in the student files.
- Provide basic support for HESI, ExamSoft and other examination platforms.
- Collaborate with Media Support staff and HSU liaison to implement technology.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KSA's (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
on a separate sheet of paper, complete the KSA information listed below. Using any standard word processing program, please write a paragraph for each KSA listed describing your knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is your opportunity to express your background and qualifications in each area. Relate the KSAs to the Essential Duties when possible. Explain your qualifications from your background, education, current job and/or previous jobs as they relate to each function. Interview decisions will be based on the information provided.
- Computer Skills:
Computer literacy, including experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Excel, and willingness to learn to use university software.
- Human Relations/Customer Service:
Good human relationship skills to work comfortably with the dean, faculty, and staff across campus, as well as the public.
The ability to write well and prepare correspondence based on guidance from the dean. Proofreading skills. Ability to speak and interact clearly and professionally along with handling sensitive information with the highest degree of integrity and confidentiality.
- Office Management:
Experience in office management. Detail oriented. Strong organizational/problem-solving/prioritization skills. Initiative to improve procedures in the school of nursing offices. Ability to manage multiple projects with superb accuracy.
For more information concerning benefits offered to HSU employees, see the
HSU Benefits Summary
on the HSU website.
EEO / ADA Statement:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, HSU complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws including those prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, sex, pregnancy, race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information and military service. HSU is a private university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, and may lawfully consider an applicant's religion as a selection criterion. HSU is committed to hiring faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith and fully support HSU's mission.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HSU provides reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the organization or would change the essential functions of the job. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to Human Resources.