An application for this position consists of an HSU Application, a resume and a document detailing your Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (see below). The completed application package should be emailed to Human Resources at email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Institutional Advancement (Non-Exempt)
Vice President for Institutional Advancement
HSU CHRISTIAN STANDARD REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT -
Candidate must profess a Christian Faith and commitment to Jesus Christ, maintain an active church involvement, and hold the Old Testament and New Testament to be sacred scriptures.
Implements the daily operations of various university fundraising programs and activities.
The job is largely sedentary in nature. Must be able to sit for extended periods of time. Some minor lifting may be required (up to 20-25 pounds).
This position requires frequent travel. Evening and weekend work required, especially as part of travel. Occasional holiday work required.
Bachelor's degree preferred. Related work experience preferred. Must understand generational differences and be able to effectively utilize the appropriate medium to reach different audiences. Must be strong in computer and customer service skills. Must know and use proper telephone etiquette. Strong organizational skills required. Must be able to maintain confidentiality concerning financial records and other personal information.
- Cultivate, and solicit alumni and friends of the university for current gifts through annual and monthly action plans.
- Develop and maintain an ongoing donor portfolio of 175+ donors for the purpose of soliciting unrestricted and current gifts.
- Raise support for HSU athletics.
- Work with coaches to plan athletic fundraising events such as golf tournaments, dinners, etc.
- Provide appropriate staffing at advancement and alumni events.
- Maintain constituent reports for every donor contact.
- Set and achieve agreed upon performance goals.
- Strategically plan and implement objectives with key contacts.
- Manage individual supplies, operations and travel budgets.
- Foster teamwork with fellow team members.
- Attend life events for donors and their family members.
- Perform miscellaneous job related duties as assigned.
KSA'S (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
on a separate sheet of paper, complete the KSA information listed below. Using any standard word processing program, please write a paragraph for each KSA listed describing your knowledge, skills, and abilities. This is your opportunity to express your background and qualifications in each area. Relate the KSAs to the Essential Duties when possible. Explain your qualifications from your background, education, current job and/or previous jobs as they relate to each function. Interview decisions will be based on the information provided.
- Fundraising Skills. Knowledge of institutional advancement, development and philanthropy. Familiar with fundraising programs, methods and techniques. Ability to plan, organize and work within the structure of a major capital campaign. Must have interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community, including being an excellent listener. Proper etiquette in various social situations is a must. Must be highly ethical.
- Organizational Skills. Skilled in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Skilled in examining procedures. Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions. Ability to develop, plan and implement short and long-range goals.
- Technology Skills. Skilled in the use of personal computers and various software applications. A working knowledge of Raiser's Edge or other similar database is particularly helpful.
- Customer Service Skills. Highly developed interpersonal skills with the ability to be diplomatic and build consensus in a complex environment. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Must have ability to foster a cooperative work environment. Ability to work effectively with a variety of individuals and groups including students, faculty, administrators, alumni, potential donors and corporate and government leaders. Ability to handle criticism. Must have a temperament suited to serving people's needs. Being attentive, persistent and flexible is highly important. Enthusiasm and a sense of humor are vital.
- Christian. Preference for this position will be given to professing Christians.
For more information concerning benefits offered to HSU employees, see the
HSU Benefits Summary
on the HSU website.
EEO / ADA Statement:
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, HSU complies with all applicable anti-discrimination laws including those prohibiting discrimination on the basis of age, sex, pregnancy, race, color, national origin, disability, genetic information and military service. HSU is a private university affiliated with the Baptist General Convention of Texas, and may lawfully consider an applicant's religion as a selection criterion. HSU is committed to hiring faculty and staff who share an active Christian faith and fully support HSU's mission.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HSU provides reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the organization or would change the essential functions of the job. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to Human Resources.