COLLEGE/DEPARTMENT: Holland School of
Sciences and Mathematics, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders
POSITION/TITLE: Faculty Position in the Department of Communication Sciences and
Professors of Communication Sciences and Disorders
LOCATION: Abilene, Texas
Communication Sciences and Disorders department is located in the Holland
School of Sciences and Mathematics. It offers a pre-professional program with a
strong commitment to the academic and clinical preparation of undergraduate
students who plan on continuing their education at the graduate level. The department's long-term goal is to develop
a CAA accredited graduate program.
are looking for a creative and flexible faculty member with innovative ideas for
the use of technology and on-line resources in teaching and clinical
HSU CHRISTIAN STANDARD REQUIREMENT FOR EMPLOYMENT –
Candidate must profess a Christian Faith, maintain membership in a local congregation, and respect the values and distinctives central to the historically Baptist values of HSU.
- Teach graduate and undergraduate courses in communication disorders
- Advise and mentor students
- Provide clinical supervision following ASHA standards and requirements
- Engage in service to the university, department, and community
- An earned doctorate degree in speech-language pathology or related discipline preferred (an ABD candidate or master’s degree in the appropriate field will be considered)
- Clinical certification (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association
- Eligibility for a Texas state license
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience in university teaching and clinical supervision at the graduate and undergraduate level
- An active or potential research program, especially one that fosters student participation, is desirable.
The credential package should include:
- Cover letter of application
- Statement of teaching philosophy that includes an integration of faith and learning
- Curriculum vitae
- Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Three confidential letters of reference
will be reviewed immediately and accepted until the positions are filled.
The completed application package should be emailed to Human Resources at email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions may be directed to: Dr. Andrea Jensen, Search Committee Chair, email@example.com or (325) 670-1382.
EMPLOYEE BENEFITS: For more information concerning benefits offered to HSU employees, see the HSU Benefits Summary on the HSU website.