Houston-Lantrip Center for Literacy & Learning
The Hardin-Simmons University Houston-Lantrip Center for Literacy and Learning is dedicated to:
- Providing opportunity to students for acceleration of reading skills development
- Promoting understanding of dyslexia and other language learning differences
- Preparing teacher trainees for proficiency in reading and language instruction
- Participating in research in literacy and learning issues
- Disseminating information related to the State Board of Education literacy and learning policies/programs.
The Houston-Lantrip Center for Literacy and Learning focuses on promoting awareness and understanding of dyslexia and struggling readers. It is a resource center for teachers-in-training, public school and university faculty/staff, and parents. Seminars and workshops are scheduled throughout the year to train and support adults who work directly with students who have difficulty with learning to read and write.
The Hardin-Simmons University Houston-Lantrip Center for Literacy and Learning is dedicated to providing support for individuals with dyslexia, autism spectrum disorders, and other learning differences through teacher education, professional development, community outreach, and parental resources.