- The cabins are for the exclusive use of the employee/authorized user.
- Authorized user is any current or retired faculty/staff or any current member of the Alumni Board of Directors.
- The cabins may not be used by a third party unless an employee/authorized user is present.
- Reservations are handled by the Human Resources ext. 1259.
- Reservations for one or more cabins are made on a first-come first-serve basis.
- Reservations for more than one cabin may be made within 14 days prior to the following HOLIDAYS:
- Spring Break
- Christmas/New Year's Break
You must pay for your reservation at least 14 calendar days prior to the first night of stay. During holiday periods, payment is required 14 days prior to the beginning of the holiday period.
Cancellations must be made at least 14 calendar days prior to the first scheduled night of stay. (During all HSU holiday seasons cancellations must be made at least 14 calendar days prior to the beginning of the staff holiday period.) Otherwise, full payment for the night(s) reserved (up to a 3 night maximum) will be charged.
If an eligible user takes your place, a cancellation fee will not be charged.
Refunds may be allowed in the event of emergencies (i.e. illness, accident, etc.).
The keys, checklist and directions should be obtained from the Human Resources Office no later than 4:00 p.m. on the last staff work day before the date of the reservation.
ADDRESS OF THE CABINS FOR GPS USERS: 490 Enchanted Forrest Loop, Alto, New Mexico
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR USE OF THE HSU RUIDOSO CABINS
- Check in is 12:00 noon on day of arrival.
- Check out is 11:30 a.m. on day of departure.
- Absolutely no pets allowed inside the units.
- No smoking inside the cabins; no alcohol on the premises.
- The units are two bedrooms/two baths each and contain:
- 2 twin beds per room
- 1 queen size sleeper sofa
- Washer and Dryer
- Full size kitchen with miscellaneous pots, pans, dishes.
- You will need to bring:
- Sheets, pillows, pillowcases and blankets
- Towels (bath, hand & dish)
- Plastic trash bags
- Cleaning supplies (laundry detergent, dish soap and non-abrasive cleaners)
- Paper goods (paper towels, toilet paper, tissues)
- Bottled water
- Night light
- Cell phone
- There are locked storage units at the end of the building. These may contain folding chairs, lawn furniture, vacuum cleaner, broom, etc. Keys for the storage rooms will be hanging in the kitchens.
- Skiers, please do not bring skis and poles inside. Leave them on the porch or use the locking storage units.
- In case of problems with the cabins, a caretaker is available to deal with repairs, etc.
Name: Charlie Hamilton (575) 937-2869. He will also check the units twice a week. This IS NOT a number to be used for GENERAL CONTACT!! Mr. Hamilton's charges DO NOT cover additional trips to the cabins, and the University WILL BE CHARGED EXTRA if additional trips are made!!!
- The caretaker has the option to enter cabins in the event of maintenance or other emergency.
NOTE: You are responsible for cleaning the cabin before you leave.
CHECKLIST FOR LEAVING RUIDOSO CABINS
Download the Checklist for Leaving Ruidoso Cabins here. Please return this form and the keys to Human Resources.