The following is required of applicants for the Doctorate in Leadership program: (see detailed directions listed below)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale at completion of a master’s program
- A competitive score on the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) taken during the last five years. Upon approval, scores from the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), MAT (Miller Analogies Test), or other comparable nationally recognized aptitude tests may be substituted.
- Additional scores required for students whose native language is other than English: score of 250 on the computer cersion of TOEFL, score of 5 on the TWE, score of 50 on the TSE
- Recommendations forms from three persons qualified to assess your abilities and potential for the program.
- Resume or curriculum vita
- A 500-600 word personal statement
- All required documents listed in the Admission Procedures and Checklist
Admission Procedure and Checklist
All materials (including application fee, application packet, transcripts, test scores, reference forms, and the HSU Meningitis Notification), must be received in the HSU Graduate Studies Office by April 21, 2014 at 1:00 p.m. Qualified applicants will not be considered for admission until their file is complete.
- Forms submitted online:
The Doctorate in Leadership application for admission through the Graduate Studies website
- $50 application fee ($150 for international students) through Cashnet. The application fee is waived for graduates of Hardin-Simmons.
- Forms sent directly to Graduate Studies Office:
Official transcripts from each institution you attended.
Official copies of GRE scores. (HSU GRE Code: 6268) if needed, request approval of other comparable nationally recognized aptitude tests through the Program Director.
- Official scores required for students whose native language is
other than English. They must earn a score of 250 on the computer version of
the TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language), a score of 5 on the TWE
(Test of Written English), and a score of 50 on the TSE (Test of Spoken
English) and meet the required scores.
Forms submitted online as supplementary materials:
resume or curriculum vita documenting educational background, professional
experience, employment history, certifications, professional development,
honors/achievements, and community service.
Signed Ethics Statement.
A 500-600 word personal statement following the
guidelines described in admission materials.
Completed form that includes the list of Personal
Letter of Employer Support form, completed and signed by the current employer.
conducting a background check.
- Forms submitted directly from references:
forms from three persons who are qualified to assess your professional
abilities, academic potential, and personal character. Ask each person to
submit the completed form directly to HSU Graduate Studies via email, fax, or
Following a review of the application, applicants may
be contacted to schedule a personal interview.