The following is required of applicants for the Doctorate in Leadership program: (see detailed directions listed below)
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.5 on a 4.0 scale at completion of a master’s program
- A competitive score on the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) taken during the last five years. Upon approval, scores from the GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), MAT (Miller Analogies Test), or other comparable nationally recognized aptitude tests may be substituted.
- Additional scores required for students whose native language is other than English
- Recommendations forms from three persons qualified to assess your abilities and potential for the program.
- Resume or curriculum vita
- A 500-600 word personal statement
- All required documents listed in the Admission Procedures and Checklist
Admission Procedure and Checklist
All materials (including application fee, application packet, transcripts, test scores, reference forms, and the HSU Meningitis Notification), must be received in the HSU Graduate Studies Office by May 20, 2013 at 12:00 p.m. Qualified applicants will not be considered for admission until their file is complete.
- Complete the Doctorate in Leadership application for admission.
Submit the $50 application fee along with the
application packet, by personal check, cashier’s check, money order, or credit
card payment through the Business Office (325.670.1215). The application fee is
waived for graduates of Hardin-Simmons.
- Have official transcripts sent to HSU Graduate Studies directly from each institution you have attended or completed an undergraduate or graduate degree.
Take the GRE (Graduate Record Examination) and have
scores sent to HSU Graduate Studies. (HSU GRE Code: 6268) If needed, request
approval for use of other comparable nationally recognized aptitude tests
through the Program Director.
Official copies from the national testing center must be sent directly to HSU
All students whose native language is other than English
must earn a score of 250 on the computer version of the TOEFL (Test of English
as a Foreign Language), a score of 5 on the TWE (Test of Written English), and a
score of 50 on the TSE (Test of Spoken English) and meet the required scores.Official copies from the national testing
center must be sent directly to HSU Graduate Studies.
- Submit a resume or curriculum vita documenting educational background, professional experience, employment history, certifications, professional development, honors/achievements, and community service.
- Provide recommendation forms to three persons who are qualified to assess your professional abilities, academic potential, and personal character. Please include the following: one who holds a doctoral degree, one who served or is serving as the applicant’s employer/supervisor, and one who is a professional colleague. Ask each person to submit the completed form directly to HSU Graduate Studies.
- Read and sign the Ethics Statement.
- Write a 500-600 word personal statement according to the guidelines described in admission materials.
- If the applicant is a full-time employee, ask the current employer to complete the Letter of Employer Support form indicating support of the applicant’s intent to pursue doctoral studies while maintaining a professional relationship with the employer.
Complete HSU Meningitis Vaccination notification process
(if applicant is under 30 years of age).
- Sign the release for conducting a background check.
- Following a review of the application, applicants may be contacted to schedule a personal interview.