• Frequently Asked Questions


      • Is financial aid available for students enrolled in the ETC (Express Teacher Certification) program?

    Yes, financial aid is available to students through the Hardin-Simmons University Financial Aid office. Please contact the financial aid office directly, or feel free to visit their offices on the second floor of Sandefer Memorial Building.

      • What is the cost of the ETC Program?  

    Students pay the current graduate school tuition rate and fees. Please inquire with the financial aid office about your options.

      • Can I receive graduate class credit?  

    Yes, you can receive credit toward graduate classes while enrolled in the ETC. The number of hours you are eligible to receive is dependent on the content field you are studying.

      • How do I apply for the ETC Program?

    Admission into the Express Teacher Certification program at Hardin-Simmons University is granted through the Graduate Studies Admissions Office. The admissions process is usually decided within 2-3 business days.

      • If I apply immediately, when can I start classes?

    Classes in the Express Teacher Certification Program are offered almost every semester. Once granted admission into the program, you can register for classes for the upcoming semester.

      • Can I receive class credit for the ETC Program from my undergraduate degree?

    Yes, if the content field you are pursuing is the same as your undergraduate degree field.

      • Who may I contact for more information regarding the ETC Program?  

    You can contact Dr. Mary Christopher, Associate Professor of Education & Certification Officer directly for more information.

  • A Princeton Review Best Western College
  • Council for Christian Colleges & Universities
  • Center for Student Opportunity: Promoting a College-Bound Culture
  • US News Best Colleges
  • Military Friendly
  • Colleges of Distinction
  • University and College Accountability Network