ME.GIED - Gifted Education
The Master of Education in Gifted Education emphasizes research and practical application.
- build your educational philosophy
- be encouraged to present at conferences
- or submit articles for publication
Then you will test what you've discovered through practical application and refine your educational
philosophy in real-world situations.
- design a conference to help parents understand their gifted child's needs
- prepare a professional development workshop
- or participate in Threshold
Gifted and Talented Supplemental Certificate
The gifted and talented supplemental certificate will
qualify you to help your district fulfill the Texas mandate in the Texas State
Plan for Gifted Education that requires the needs of each gifted student be met
in the public school setting.
- explore the characteristics of gifted students
- explore ways of identifying and meeting their needs in varied settings
- and methods to help them develop their creative and leadership abilities
Dr. Mary Christopher, Program Director
*Please contact Dr. Christopher for Program
Information and for Course Registration after
notification of admission.*
- Consortium Programs
Region XIV Consortium
Graduate students who teach
full time in a Region XIV school receive a 65% tuition reduction for EDUC,
READ, and GIED graduate courses. This tuition rate makes obtaining an advanced
degree affordable for area teachers.
The M.Ed. in gifted education is also
offered onsite at the Hurst-Euless-Bedford ISD Pat May Center and onsite in
Mansfield ISD at the Anderson Center.A
65% tuition reduction is available for students enrolled in this program.
- Threshold Program
A uniquely creative summer
institute for children K-9, the Threshold Program allows you to mentor with
acclaimed gifted educators from HSU and across the state. These leaders in the
field of gifted education have designed an innovative curriculum specifically
for this program. Even after you graduate, you may be invited to return to
contribute to the Threshold program. Visit the Threshold website for more